Being an ambitious entrepreneur and running your own business can be one of the most satisfying and rewarding experiences, but it can also be extremely stressful and time consuming.
We realise how mentally and physically exhausting running your own business can be and have put together a few tips to help you to remain sane and achieve your entrepreneurial goals.
1. Restore Energy Levels – In the early stages of running a business you often run off pure adrenaline. Soon enough your tank of energy is going to run out and you’ll require a quality rest every night in order to be productive. If you find it difficult to get several hours, focus on quality rather than quantity.
2. Time off – Its many people’s dream to run their own business and have the freedom to take off time whenever they want. It sounds great, but the reality is that starting and growing a business doesn’t begin at 9am and end at 530pm – it can consume every ounce of energy and time you have left if you let it. If you suddenly find yourself on the verge of a burnout, take time off!
3. Eat Well – When time is not on your side, fast food is extremely convenient. The combination of sitting at a desk all day and eating junk food or even no food at all can result in you feeling sluggish and can have additional effects on your weight. Preparing healthy meals days in advance is a great way to eat healthy while still having a convenient fast meal when you get chance to swallow.
4. Be Active – We all know that sitting at a desk all day in front of a screen is not healthy for us. Entrepreneurs are so focused on reaching their goals that sometimes everything else in your life gets pushed to one side. An hour of physical exercise daily is a great way to keep you feeling fit but also to take a break from your daily business activities!
5. Hobbies – When you finally get the chance to take some free time to yourself make sure you have something planned. If you don’t have hobbies or an activity planned, whether it be playing golf, painting or going for a run guess what you’re going to do? Work on your business!
6. Comfy workspace – A supportive chair, standing desk and lots of natural light can create a pleasant and comfortable area to work in. Make sure everything around you is organised and you’ll feel more positive about the daily tasks ahead.
7. Socialise – When building an empire it’s often easier to push socialising to the bottom of your list of things to do. Sometimes entrepreneurs want to remain in their creative zone and focus 100 percent of their effort and time into building their dream. This isn’t healthy or necessarily the most productive. You need to interact with friends and family, and forget about business and work.
8. Working Hours – Establish a time that you will stop working each day along with when your working week ends, and stick to it. Essentially you need a curfew for when you stop working for the day. You will notice that you’ll begin to start each day refreshed and become more productive.
9. Communication boundaries – Thanks to technology you can now stay connected to your business 24/7. However, this can create added pressure which can implode your business/personal life balance. An ideal solution is to set communication boundaries.
10. Remain optimistic – You are going to be thrown curve balls on a regular basis as a business owner. Regardless of the situation you need to remain optimistic and positive. Negative thoughts never breed positive results and your business will become vulnerable from the moment you start to have doubts.
Remaining sane as an entrepreneur isn’t easy, but using the following tips can help to keep you on the right track both mentally and physically.
Please like and share this article to help other entrepreneurs remain sane this year!